Degassing Vacuum Chamber
Unfortunately our supplier no longer manufactures these chambers. We are currently sourcing a new supplier. Please register for a notification if you would like to be notified when they are available again.
Product Features of the Chamber
- Stainless steel chamber with welded handles for long-term air-tightness performance with Polycarbonate Lid
- Rounded edge at the top, for the protection of silicone gasket.
- Vacuum gauge is assembled on a separate port, so that the reading remains accurate even while pumping/venting the chamber.
- Gauge reading in both inHg and Mpa.
- Two-sided flippable vacuum gasket for better durability and reliability.
- The gasket is chemically resistant to butane and other solvents.
- 12.7mm thickness Polycarbonate lid is light-weight, but 30x tougher than Acrylic.
- Strong elastic food grade silicone vacuum hose can connect/disconnect easily with the pump/chamber.
- 50um air filter on the vent valve to reduce air flow and prevent any dust/powder flowing into the chamber.
Product Specs & Part List of the Chamber
- Vacuum Chamber: stainless steel, 25 x 25cm, with welded handles, 12 Litre
- Lid: Polycarbonate, 12.7mm thickness, 30x tougher than Acrylic
- Vacuum Gasket: silicone, resistant to Butane and other solvents.
- Vacuum Gauge Assembly: 0.5 inHg accuracy.
- Valve Assembly: very high quality air-tight brass valves, with 50um filter on vent port
- Vacuum Hose: 1 meter food grade collapse-proof silicone hose, 3mm wall thickness (8mm I.D, 14mm O.D)
- Vacuum Pump Adapter: 9.5mm hose barb to 1/4 SAE flare port.
- Accessories: 1 x PTFE tape, 2 x screw nuts, 2 x washers, 2 x wrench, 2 x Viton O-rings.
- Volume: 12.3 Litre
- Net Weight: 3.7 kg
- Dimension (W x D x H): 36 x 28 x 36 cm
Some assembly required
Easy to follow instructions, quick assembly in 10 minutes. We at The Fibreglass Shop assembled and tested this product personally, and we were very impressed by the quality of this unit. We degassed a thick silicone rubber and some liquid plastic with fantastic results.
Recommended pump (not included)
We recommend the JAVAC CC-45 Vacuum Pump from Coolvac as a starter pump suitable for operating this chamber. Larger pumps are also available from Coolvac if you require quicker evacuation times for resins with a shorter pot life.
We have purchased and used this Degassing chamber several times now and have found it to be sturdy, easy to use and it holds a good vacuum. Definitely a key product to have when working with silicone. Both the smaller and larger chambers hold decent sized containers and have enough height to leave room for expansion. The non stick mat in the inside is really handy for any accidental spills.